MCW Interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wooohooo!!! I just got an interview invite from MCW in the mail!!! I am super pumped, cuz I'm not a state resident and they only interview about 5% of out of staters!! Man, I can't believe schools are interested in a dude with my stats!! Sorry for all the celebrating, but this is the first interview i've gotten that I didn't expect at all!! All you MCW applicants, keep an eye on your mailboxes!

Members don't see this ad.

That's awesome, Barton! I also have good news. I got an interview invite with the University of Iowa today, also as an out of stater (and unverified!). I have no idea how I made their cut, but I'm glad I did! I'll call them on Monday to schedule. Do you need to schedule with MCW, or did they assign you a date?

MCW= med coll of wisconsin right?? are u sure it s only 5% out of staters?? where does it state that? if so congratulations :)..

i dont know why i applied there if they only interview 5% outof state

Members don't see this ad :)
racergirl-MCW gave me 2 friday dates to choose from. I am going on 10/26. When did you get your IA invite? I applied there, and I would KILL to interview there!!

aisha- Yes, MCW is in Milwaukee. The data I have (MSAR from 2000) says MCW had 6018 out of state apps, and they interviewed 280. That's about 4.6%. About half their class is made up of out of staters (100/204). Don't worry, though. I have super crappy stats, so they must have pretty low interview standards.

Congrats on the MCW interview!
Just curios,
When did you submit your secondary to MCW, and is your AMCAS verified. I sent in my secondary on 8/20, and of course my AMCAS is yet to be verified. I'm hoping for an interview from MCW...maybe I'll find out soon.

I submitted my AMCAS on 6/23 (verified in August), and my secondary on 7/19.

Barton,

I just got the Iowa invite on Friday (Oct 5) at 5 pm, so it was too late to call and schedule an interview. I'll do that Monday.

I also applied to MCW, but haven't heard anything yet. My application hasn't been verified yet, so I don't know if I'll hear anything until (IF) that happens.

Oh and by the way, your stats are NOT super crappy! Your MCAT score is excellent! Don't sell yourself short. You made an awesome cut by obtaining an interview there, so you must have something to offer! Good Luck!!

Barton

Congrats on your MCW interview. I'm wondering if you feel comfortable enough to post your stats? ... I have also applied to MCW and have heard nothing so far. Your stats might help me get an idea of whether or not I stand a chance at that school. Thanks :)

I have no shame (WARNING: EXTREMELY CRAPPY GPA TO FOLLOW!!!)
Cum GPA: 3.35
Sci GPA: 3.07 (whew that stinks!!!)
MCAT: 11, 12, p, 12
MN resident

I think my MCAT is the only thing getting me these interviews (hope it can pull me the rest of the way!), but I also have lots of great research experience, clinical experience, volunteer work, publications, etc.

Good luck to all.

I hear MCW admits like half of the interviewees! Good luck!

Hey Barton,

Thanks!

Your MCAT score is awesome! I think it cna offset your GPA..afterall, you did make the interview cut! :)

Good Luck at the interview and tell us how it went! :)