MCW is off their rockers......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shammy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone else sent in a printed app to MCW and then received an email from them asking for the designated schools page? this is absoultely assinine....how did you guys handle the situation? i just replied and told them amcas told us not to include it, and specified what program i was applying for. for a fairly well-reputed school they are not handling things as well as others....

Members don't see this ad.

I heard a lot of pple indicated the 4th footnote on teh final amcas application, as well as sent the email from amcas to them saying that kind of information is confidential....

virtually everyone I know replied back and told them the same thing...

FYI - schools are requesting the designation sheet only to find out if you are a Regular or Early Decision candidate. I recommend attaching a cover letter to your application indicating what type of candidate you are. I did that to all of the schools to which I sent in a printed AMCAS minus the school designation page (including MCW) and have not had any queries. Good luck to all.

An EDP applicant is permitted to apply EDP to only one medical school and can apply to any others only if and when rejected EDP. A possible reason for MCW to want to see the designation page is to verify that, but still, AMCAS says not to include the designation page with your medical school application.