MCW(Medical College of Wisconsin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the registration/orientation weekend? I was planning on a vacation for that exact week after I found out classes start Aug. 15th. Do you think the reg/orientation weekend is mandatory? WOuld I be alright to miss it but be back in time for the beginning of classes. ANy input especially from current students would help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

dsherida said:
Does anyone know much about the registration/orientation weekend? I was planning on a vacation for that exact week after I found out classes start Aug. 15th. Do you think the reg/orientation weekend is mandatory? WOuld I be alright to miss it but be back in time for the beginning of classes. ANy input especially from current students would help!!!

From their website:

First-year student registration is held the first day of orientation week. Orientation for first-year students is usually the second week of August. If a first-year student does not appear for registration, their seat in the class is forfeited to the next applicant on the alternate list.

So it doesn't sound like a vacation is possible.

I am under the impression that it ismandatory as well. Looks like you have to cancel vacation :( I would call admissions for an answer if you can't find info on the website.