golfdoc8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Status
Hey guys! I have been accepted to both MCW and Wayne State Medical School and am not sure which one to choose. I was very impressed with aspects of both institutions. I would really appreciate any feedback about the schools that you could give comparing the schools (residencies, better clincal experience, rankings, are they 1st tier schools, 2nd etc). Thank you for your help and good luck to you all!

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
golfdoc8 said:
Hey guys! I have been accepted to both MCW and Wayne State Medical School and am not sure which one to choose. I was very impressed with aspects of both institutions. I would really appreciate any feedback about the schools that you could give comparing the schools (residencies, better clincal experience, rankings, are they 1st tier schools, 2nd etc). Thank you for your help and good luck to you all!
There really are no "tiers" of med schools, and really no way to distinguish that other than rankings. MCW is ranked in both research and PC, 50 and 42 I believe. While Wayne isnt ranked in research and I don't think it is ranked in PC, I would consider it a very middle of the road med school. I think that research wise, MCW has a slight advantage, but from what I've heard Wayne has excellent clinical experiences being located in Detroit. I think that if you are from MI go to Wayne, from WI go to MCW, otherwise pick which ever you think you'll enjoy more.

ddmo

BMF
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
YzIa said:
I think that if you are from MI go to Wayne, from WI go to MCW, otherwise pick which ever you think you'll enjoy more.
That's good advice.