SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCW Secondary....Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NUgirl, Aug 16, 2002.

1. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Hi,

I was on the quarter system and the MCW secondary asks that you list your 8 hours of each of your pre-reqs. Each full year of my pre-med classes (Bio, Physics, Orgo, Gen Chem) was worth 9 hours, but MCW keeps saying that each class is only 2 hours. (They automatically change it to 2 online) I don't know what to do! According to them I am missing 2 more hours worth and it won't let me have a complete application. By the way, at my school lab is included in the course so we don't get separate credit for it. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. moo

moo 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2000
    I dunno about being on the quarter system, but I remember that when they say 8 graded credits they mean it. My school's lab was combined with the lecture as well, so if you took one semester of gchem, say and you had a 3 hour lab associated with it, you only got 3 credits, same as taking an English course, say. I inquired about this and they were pretty adamant that there's 8 graded credits. I was lucky though and got away with it cuz I took 6 credits of biochem, and they said that counted as chem. Also I took an additional 3 credits of genetics and that counted as bio, and as for physics, I was a physics/math major so I had plenty of credits for that. YOu might want to call em and ask if they've changed their policy on this.

4. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanks Moo for the reply. I will probably just put an additional 3 hours of lab since my lab was included with each class. I don't think there is anything else I can do. By the way, congrats on getting into NUMS! I'm sure you'll love it.

Anyone on the quarter system that applied to MCW have any other suggestions, or can you please tell me what you did?