MCW versus Rosalind Franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed-1326

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few posts about this, but not for a few years. I am wondering if I should attend medical school at MCW milwaukee or Rosalind Franklin in North Chicago. The upside to MCW is obviously they have 3 affiliated hospitals and a lot of research opportunity. RFU has an impressive match list and you could do clinical rotations in Chicago. I was pretty set it MCW but I did one of those what are my chance calculators that put MCW as a target school for me and RFU as a reach and I am not sure why? This has me questioning if RFU is a better school since it was categorized as a reach for me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as PD rankings and research funding go, MCW is a much better school. The fact that RFU doesn’t have an affiliated hospital would be a deal breaker by itself for me, but in terms of quality of education and research opportunities go MCW is just stronger. Unless RFU was considerably cheaper, I would for sure choose MCW. Just because RFU might have a higher average MCAT doesn’t make it a better school, some schools value experiences more over higher stats.

As far as PD rankings and research funding go, MCW is a much better school. The fact that RFU doesn’t have an affiliated hospital would be a deal breaker by itself for me, but in terms of quality of education and research opportunities go MCW is just stronger. Unless RFU was considerably cheaper, I would for sure choose MCW. Just because RFU might have a higher average MCAT doesn’t make it a better school, some schools value experiences more over higher stats.

Thanks! I think I will choose MCW

Reactions: 2 users