Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCW vs. EVMS, please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by detm78, May 22, 2002.

1. Hi, so far I've been accepted to EVMS, my 2nd choice of schools--I think... EVMS staff and the dean are really wonderful people. I found out over the phone that I was pulled off their waitlist. The place is beautiful, and the students are great.

Tomorrow I'll find out where I stand at MCW. To be honest, when I was at MCW, I did get that feeling that it felt like home. I've been thinking about the pros and cons with reputation and location, but I still would like some advice.

Would MCW offer me better chances at securing a residency, perhaps in CA? I would like the option of coming back... would the snow be too hard to deal with? EVMS seems to be really great at clinical training, but I am a little worried about being competitive when I finish, unless I'm at the top of my class... Any thoughts? Your response would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks so much.