Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2010
Status
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out any clear advantage that one school has over the other.

University of Miami: Students seemed happy, great night life, loved the program, and Jackson hospital provides clinical experience that you can't get anywhere else

Medical College of Wisconsin: Great research, happy students, excellent hospitals (Froedtert and Children's Hospital), and somewhat closer to home

Now, the match list at MCW appears a little stronger: MCW vs. UMiami

Should I be concerned about this if I hope to make it into a competitive program?

Thanks!

brooklynblunder

ACFAS Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
the cheaper one?

i dont get the difference between the match list, and you are also using mcw's 2008 matchlist compared to UM 2010

alibai3ah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Miami!!!!! Who wants to be in Wisconsin.....

Neither school will have a clear advantage academically I think. If you are IS for Florida then hands down Miami. If you are a Wisconsin resident (and you want to get out), then this might be a tougher decision.

allie1361

PGY 4
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Miami!!!!! Who wants to be in Wisconsin.....

Neither school will have a clear advantage academically I think. If you are IS for Florida then hands down Miami. If you are a Wisconsin resident (and you want to get out), then this might be a tougher decision.
I agree...who would want to live in wisconsin over miami???

RSAgator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
Status
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out any clear advantage that one school has over the other.

University of Miami: Students seemed happy, great night life, loved the program, and Jackson hospital provides clinical experience that you can't get anywhere else

Medical College of Wisconsin: Great research, happy students, excellent hospitals (Froedtert and Children's Hospital), and somewhat closer to home

Now, the match list at MCW appears a little stronger: MCW vs. UMiami

Should I be concerned about this if I hope to make it into a competitive program?

Thanks!
people have already pointed out the fact you're comparing match lists from 2 different years, but regardless this year's match list was very strong.

Miami has both great research and happy students, so that's a nonissue as well. As for "excellent hospitals," what does that even mean and how does that affect you as a physician? If this is your entire list of pros and cons Miami seems an obvious winner (and not just because I'm from miami).

Status
Not open for further replies.