MCW vs. UMiami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

runner87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out any clear advantage that one school has over the other.

University of Miami: Students seemed happy, great night life, loved the program, and Jackson hospital provides clinical experience that you can't get anywhere else

Medical College of Wisconsin: Great research, happy students, excellent hospitals (Froedtert and Children's Hospital), and somewhat closer to home

Now, the match list at MCW appears a little stronger: MCW vs. UMiami

Should I be concerned about this if I hope to make it into a competitive program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

the cheaper one?

i dont get the difference between the match list, and you are also using mcw's 2008 matchlist compared to UM 2010

Miami!!!!! Who wants to be in Wisconsin.....

Neither school will have a clear advantage academically I think. If you are IS for Florida then hands down Miami. If you are a Wisconsin resident (and you want to get out), then this might be a tougher decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Miami!!!!! Who wants to be in Wisconsin.....

Neither school will have a clear advantage academically I think. If you are IS for Florida then hands down Miami. If you are a Wisconsin resident (and you want to get out), then this might be a tougher decision.

I agree...who would want to live in wisconsin over miami???

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could point out any clear advantage that one school has over the other.

University of Miami: Students seemed happy, great night life, loved the program, and Jackson hospital provides clinical experience that you can't get anywhere else

Medical College of Wisconsin: Great research, happy students, excellent hospitals (Froedtert and Children's Hospital), and somewhat closer to home

Now, the match list at MCW appears a little stronger: MCW vs. UMiami

Should I be concerned about this if I hope to make it into a competitive program?

Thanks!

people have already pointed out the fact you're comparing match lists from 2 different years, but regardless this year's match list was very strong.

Miami has both great research and happy students, so that's a nonissue as well. As for "excellent hospitals," what does that even mean and how does that affect you as a physician? If this is your entire list of pros and cons Miami seems an obvious winner (and not just because I'm from miami).

Status
Not open for further replies.