MCW vs. University of Minnesota-TC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesegirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I searched and searched for this comparison because I didn't want to duplicate it, and I didn't find it, so I hope it's ok that I am starting this thread! :)

I am trying to decide between these two schools. I am leaning one way, but I'd love to hear everyone's opinion or input so that I can make the best decision!

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay. Are you out of the picture at Madison already?
MCW's better than UWisc anyways. :smuggrin: I got into both and picked MCW. cheesegirl - what things are important to you? where is your family? do you have a significant other involved?

MCW's better than UWisc anyways. :smuggrin: I got into both and picked MCW. cheesegirl - what things are important to you? where is your family? do you have a significant other involved?

YAY that makes me feel better. Stupid UW. Family is definitely important. I have family in the Twin Cities and live (in Wisconsin) about 2 hours from UMN and 4 hours from MCW.

I don't have a significant other. Cost is important but I have sort of written it off because you can do a grad assistantship at UMN to get in state tuition. I am interested in primary care and public health (I know UMN has an amazing public health school, but I figure that if I determine MCW to be way better for me, I could always take a year off to go there for my MPH). Thanks for your help guys!

Rankingswise Minnesota > MCS. States though Wisconsin >> Minnesota.

bump! Thanks for all your help so far.

sorry for another bump--hoping for some more comments...thanks!

take a look at all the MCW class threads and see if we can help you out there