MCW wants transcripts mailed to them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Med college of Wisconsin only school that will require official transcripts to be mailed to them?

Gosh, I thought AAMC was going to take care of that....

Members don't see this ad.

Of the 21 schools that I applied to last year, I didn't come across any that requested an official transcript with my primary or secondary applications.

MCW requires that you mail them a transcript if you are sending them your paper app before AMCAS transmitts...
I don't know of them requiring it in other scenarios.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I spoke to my school's advisor and they said we should not release the school's no matter what they said!!!

Since the sincerity of the applicant maybe in questions

ESPECIALLY if the student is applying to 5MD/Phd programs and they have a list of 25 schools. Obviously if MCW is not listed as an md/phd program it is obvious that MCW is not part of their top 5 choices....

if MCW really wants to know if you are regular, early or and md/phd student they can simply ask you that information via email.....

releasing other schools is not relevant and your only endangering your application!

I have personally informed all my friends and will file a complaint to AMCAS so that they notify MCW that this is confidential information!

I ditto that!!!

I spoke to AMCAS and asked if I should release it and I got that email saying that designation of the schools is confidential and that you should politely inform that that information is confidential...

I sent an email today informing them that the finormation is confidential....

I was really scared for a second and Sheba is right, it really puts you at a disadvantage...

I have heard from my friends that it especially looks bad if you are not a wisconsin resident and most of your schools are non-wisconsin schools....then they look down upon you since it is obvious MCW is not your first choice...

of course the latter I have heard from most of my friends who have started taking that route...and you are free to whatever you are to believe and your decision rests SOLELY on you...but 10 of my friends have already told them it is confidential information and I told them!!!

I personally thought this was extremely sneaky :(

Actually, the poster was writing about MCW requiring you te send your TRANSCRIPTS directly to them, if you choose to send a paper version....
Althought they have also asked for the designations, that's not what was being asked about here.

I haven't received word from MCW about sending transcripts even though I sent in a printed AMCAS app last week. Anyone else in the same boat?