MD and DO 3.6 GPA, 3.4 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wckwf9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am a pre medical student about to go into their senior year. However, I am taking an extra semester to get dual degrees (BS- Biology, BA-Psychology). I will be graduating and applying to medical school in the fall of 2013. I have yet to take the MCAT but have started
to prepare for it a little (couple hours per week) this summer. I will be studying for it a lot next semester in hopes of taking it in April 2013.
3.6 cGPA, 3.4s GPA

I am just wondering what schools would seem like a good fit for me to apply to and/or what MCAT score I should be shooting for.

My extracurriculars are as follows:

- Fraternity with multiple leadership experience (since freshman year)
- Volunteering at hospital (~200 hours)
- Shadowing (60 hours) (likely to add 40 more hours in next year)
- Research lab since sophomore year (partime in school year/full time in the summer)(publications)
- 3 great letters of rec (one former med school prof, one DO I know very well, one from former prof)
- hope to get more volunteering hours in the next year

Schools on my list are as follows (in order of interest):

1) University of Missouri (in-state)
2) St. Louis University
3) Creighton
4) Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (DO)
5) A.T. Stills - Kirksville, MO (DO)

What are some more schools that I should be thinking of / what more can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I take it you want to stay close to home, but DMU is worth a shot.

Hey, I am a pre medical student about to go into their senior year. However, I am taking an extra semester to get dual degrees (BS- Biology, BA-Psychology). I will be graduating and applying to medical school in the fall of 2013. I have yet to take the MCAT but have started
to prepare for it a little (couple hours per week) this summer. I will be studying for it a lot next semester in hopes of taking it in April 2013.
Schools on my list are as follows (in order of interest):

1) University of Missouri (in-state)
2) St. Louis University
3) Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (DO)
4) A.T. Stills - Kirksville, MO (DO)

What are some more schools that I should be thinking of / what more can I do ?

DMU has been on my radar as well. What are some allopathic schools that my scores are competative for or what MCAT score do I need to shoot for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rock the MCAT. Take some practice ones and see where you stand. Then PM me and we'll talk. :)