MD Anderson Summer Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SavedByTheBell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here apply for the MD Anderson Summer Fellowship? I think we'll hear in March if we are accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

since the app no longer seems to available, i wanna ask if they asked for GPA/MCAT score on the application? otherwise, b/c the deadline is in jan... i guess they would only see fall semester med school grades. any info is much appreciated, i may be applying next year :)

The application itself is very standard...awards, honors, extracurriculars, and references. Also, two LORs, a letter from your medical school/dean, a college transcript, and a letter of interest/PS are required. College GPA will be reflected by the transcript but no MCAT scores are required. I assume med school grades/standing will be reflected in the letter from your medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The application itself is very standard...awards, honors, extracurriculars, and references. Also, two LORs, a letter from your medical school/dean, a college transcript, and a letter of interest/PS are required. College GPA will be reflected by the transcript but no MCAT scores are required. I assume med school grades/standing will be reflected in the letter from your medical school.

thanks! btw best of luck with your app :thumbup:

First week of March has come and gone...any news so far??

So I found out that they have not yet made decisions, but hope to send them out by the end of the month. I'm surprised no one else on SDN seems to have applied for it, considering a lot of people applied for the fellowship at MSKCC (the number #2 ranked cancer center--although it always trades the #1 ranking over the past few years with MD Anderson :)).

The MSKCC fellowship is more well known especially with students in the NE. I am doing a cancer research project but I set it up privately with physicians from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta/ Emory. Good luck!

Very excited about the opportunity, but haven't heard anything back, yet! Here's hoping! Best of luck!

Everyone - I'm a medical student at UT Houston. I will be spending my summer at Cornell doing research, so if anyone has been accepted into the MD Anderson Research Fellowship and is in need of housing, feel free to PM me.
I live in a really nice place right near the med center.

Thanks. Good luck to everyone who applied.

Acceptance letters have started going out! Very happy to get a spot!

Good luck to everyone, and you saved!

Congratulations!! Hopefully I will hear something within the next day or so. Do you happen to know when your letter was postmarked?

Yeah, it was Apr 2 and came in a full size envelope.

Good luck! We exchanged pleasantries in the Vanderbilt thread last application cycle, so it'd be cool to have an associated person like you there instead of someone I've never had contact with!

How do you find out about different research fellowships? Is it through your school? SDN? Through the internet? I m interested in finding some sort of research fellowship but I dont know how to go about it. I m finishing up M2 was thinking about maybe taking time off after 3rd year to perhaps do something along the lines of a research fellowship..?

well MD Anderson is a summer fellowship.... there's also MSKCC. Some universities run their own summer research programs (that outside students can apply to). NIH has a biomedical summer internship.

There are a few year long programs I know of - Doris Duke, Cloisters, NIH CRTP and basic science research program...

just do a google search. g'luck!

I just found out I got in as well!

What are you all doing for housing? Is anyone staying in the dorms?