MD consultants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpannu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am a pre-med hoping to get accepted for Sept 2002. However, I was hoping you MD's could help me out. I was wondering if some one could tell me where I can find out information on a career as a Medical consultant. Also, what types of industries would an MD consulatnt work in? Further, are there any courses in med school which teach the business or economics of health care ( I doubt they do).

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a site regarding nonclinical careers -- medical school isn't usually the route to take for these industries, but the MD may be helpful. Ideally you would also have some administrative/business credentials as well -- I guess an MD/MBA would be a good track for a career in consulting -- consultation work with a medical bent include healthcare consulting -- for example, consultants to help with patient flow through the hospital or to streamline patient care activities. Pharmaceutical industries would love to have MDs working for them as well -- they need them especially for clinical research. Biotech industry also needs MD's. In the end, there are plenty of nonclinical careers including consulting that you could go into. Hope this helps.

<a href="http://www.docintraining.com/pages/CAREERCENTER_HOME_CAREEROPTIONS_CHANGE.htm" target="_blank">Nonclinical career</a>