MD/DO chances Hispanic 3.297 cgpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jan di

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that OD is probably I better shot for me, and I'm considering

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right that DO will give you the best results, but I think the minority status + the excellent MCAT score with above 3.0 GPA will suffice to get you an MD acceptance. I don't think you need a masters or a post-bacc (especially one forcing you to retake "A" grades). Apply to all public NY schools and broadly to some in nearby areas (Philadelphia, New Jersey, etc.)

Yes, you're right that DO will give you the best results, but I think the minority status + the excellent MCAT score with above 3.0 GPA will suffice to get you an MD acceptance. I don't think you need a masters or a post-bacc (especially one forcing you to retake "A" grades). Apply to all public NY schools and broadly to some in nearby areas (Philadelphia, New Jersey, etc.)

Thank you for your response. I graduated a couple of weeks ago and will be applying next cycle early as I need to take care of some things this year and i need to make money to pay for the application and secondaries. If only i won the powerball. I Always take all advice into consideration

First off, congratulations on that terrific MCAT score. Given your situation, I think you have a very good shot at an MD acceptance. Just continue working on getting more healthcare experience during your gap year.