MD/DO School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

California Bear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Mind taking a look at my school list? Any suggestions, additions, removals would be appreciated. Thanks!

UC Berkeley undergrad. 504 MCAT. 3.76 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA. CA resident. Filipino.

MD:
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside
Charles R. Drew
California Northstate
Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
EVMS
Rosalind Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush
Albany
Miami
Wake
Temple
Roseman
GW
St. Louis

DO:
TUCOM-CA
Western-Pomona
TUCOM-NV
CCOM
DMUCOM
PCOM
NYIT
KCUCOM
RUCOM
ATSU-AZ

Members don't see this ad.

Although you haven't posted experiences so I don't have an idea of what kind of applicant you are as a whole, if I were you I would really consider cutting down on the number of MD schools you are applying to. I think you are okay to apply to some but more than a few of the MD schools you've listed have a median MCAT much higher than 504. Some of these schools I think would qualify as too far of a reach are St. Louis, Miami, Temple, and Wake. But if you want to apply to 20+ MD schools I would try to choose some with lower MCAT medians.

That being said, I'm only an accepted MD applicant and don't have much credibility other than that so you can take my advice with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
You need an MCAT retake if you seriously want love from MD schools. You should be ok for most DOs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all,

Thanks for the feedback! I don't feel comfortable sharing all my stats here, but I'd say I have a very strong personal statement and ECs. Would anyone care to provide some quick feedback on the former?

If you have adequate shadowing and clinical volunteering hours then you could receive interviews at the DO schools you listed. You could receive MD interviews but your MCAT is low for many schools. Consider adding Drexel and Western Michigan to your list.