MD LOR to LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green912

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you tell I'm too uptight about the whole process? Anyway, I sent in my DO LOR about three weeks ago, so that requirement is fulfilled. However I also have an MD LOR from my medical director which I did send to Ohio-U before knowing I'd get a DO letter. So my completly overanxious questions is, should I sent the letter to LECOM or leave things as is?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say send it. The more recs you have behind you the better, plus you can always say that you have looked into both MD and DO and have decided to do the other in your interview. The more good things there are to put in your file, the better plus some DO schools accept letters of rec from MD's instead of DO so it can't hurt you!

When I was in the secondary process I was sure to read carefully into what they asked for. Some schools explicitly ask for ONLY one DO LOR and one COMMITTEE LETTER. Some schools are just like send one of these if you have this or send one of these if you have that. If my memory serves me correctly LECOM was one of the schools that wanted ONLY on DO LOR and the committee letter. I wouldn't send the MD one unless you re-read the secondary and felt it was a free for all. Some schools don't want to deal with any more paperwork than they have to and I wouldn't go out of my way to feed that fire...

thats how I did it anyway. Some schools recieved all my recommendations, some only two... depends.