MD/MBA for the ignorant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xylem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
these might be faq's but that sticky didn't have any posts when i checked so i'm going to ask: how would someone get into a program like this? assuming that most premeds and med students are coming from say a science backround with little business backround...is it like a regular mba program where you need 2 years of working experience in a management position? - i mean what do u have to do to get into an md/mba program ... whether you go straight in from undergrad or during med school...what do they want you to have?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools that offer these programs have multiple requirements such as the student may only apply after the 1st med year, gmat, letters of recommendation, resume etc. Most MD/MBA programs do not require work experience and you can any background to do the MBA.

I went straight from undergrad into the MD/MBA program...u really have to look at the program of your choice and their requirements. Not all schools have the same requirements.