MD/MBA or PharmD/MBA, MPH?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdibattista

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a current Junior chemistry major on the pre-med track. Recently, I have been doing hands-on research in an organic lab and have realized that anything Phd/Research related is not for me. I am more of a people person and would like to help others more directly.

I have always intended to go to medical school, however I feel as if I would enjoy more of a management role in a hospital or insurance company. I feel as if I would also enjoy a management role in a pharmaceutical company as well.

Therefore, I am looking strongly at dual MD/MBA programs, so I can get some business experience to possibly end up in more of a "management position" that requires an extensive medical background.

Anyway, I was wondering, would an MD/MBA be the best option here? Would it allow me to still work in a management position for a pharm. company if I wanted? (i.e. does it give me the same/more possibilities than a PharmD would?)

Also, what about an MPH?

-Thanks! Feedback appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.