MD/MPH Dual Degrees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted671237

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice way for med schools to make some extra cash on the side.

Reactions: 1 users
I've considered them as well.
Which other schools offer 4 year MD/MPH besides Keck?

How helpful would an MPH be in a doctor's career? Is it a potential door-opener?

Members don't see this ad :)
MPH's could be helpful, depending on which road you end up pursuing. Will they cost extra? Yes. Financing these in addition to med school may already make it not worth it to you. You probably don't need to worry about the additional workload though, because usually you would just take an extra year. One other consideration is that you could apply during your second year, or later like after residency when you have more solidified career goals and could apply to a more prestigious program. (i.e. Harvard or John Hopkins rather than whatever school you get into, unless of course that is where you are going, in which case congratulations).

Reactions: 1 user
I've considered them as well.
Which other schools offer 4 year MD/MPH besides Keck?

How helpful would an MPH be in a doctor's career? Is it a potential door-opener?

Tufts, Tulane, UConn, Northwestern, Mount Sinai, Alabama, Texas-San Antonio. Miami as mentioned. I'm sure there are others.

If you know why you want that skill set, it can help you acquire it and use it sooner than through other options.