MD/MPH Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misrayah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this board,and I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to go about entering this program which I became interested in when I went the AMSA regional conference in November :) It would be a great help, and much appreciated. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

misrayah said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this board,and I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to go about entering this program which I became interested in when I went the AMSA regional conference in November :) It would be a great help, and much appreciated. Thanks :)

You should check out the individual school websites because it may differ from one school to another. I know that at Emory you'll get a special interview with the person who coordinates the program. You also have to write a separate essay on how you will contribute to public health. Some schools may also require you to take the GRE in addition to the MCAT.

with public health, it's more flexible than md/phd...you can even apply to the public health school AFTER you've matriculated in med school. many times schools give you a year off (between 2nd and 3rd year), or, at duke during 3rd year i believe. during this time you can complete the one year mph degree. it's an awesome program!

emory has a great school
umich also
johns hopkins, harvard, unc-chapel hill are others i can think of off the top of my head.
tulane has a good one if you're interested in tropical disease

do some research and email them!