MD,MS programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about shooting for a MD,MS. The MS would be in biomedical engineering devices. USC has a program like this. Are there others? Also, do all those combined programs require taking the GRE? Do you have to decide when you're applying whether or not you want the masters or can you decide to go for it while in med school? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey gonzo,
im also interested in some of those programs. i know vandy also has a md/ms option in bme. i think they said that you wouldn't need gre's but kinda implied from the website that youd need to apply coming in, im assuming thats becasue doing the program cuts a whole year off vs. getting the two degrees individually

bsteves4 said:
hey gonzo,
im also interested in some of those programs. i know vandy also has a md/ms option in bme. i think they said that you wouldn't need gre's but kinda implied from the website that youd need to apply coming in, im assuming thats becasue doing the program cuts a whole year off vs. getting the two degrees individually

Hey, would you know what's the best way to research on schools? How do you know which one is a good fit for you? Just look at the websites of every single school? And, how do you research on those specific schools that have those MD,MS programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
bsteves4 said:
hey gonzo,

Sorry, but what school is vandy?