MD net worth by specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

This was interesting to me. Matches relative specialty earnings better than a lot of the salary surveys I have seen. I suspect this gathers a little more of the business ownership interests available to some.

Members don't see this ad.

So is this supposed to tell med students who want to make bank to go into GI and dig for gold in the 'ol rectum all day?

Reactions: 4 users
So is this supposed to tell med students who want to make bank to go into GI and dig for gold in the 'ol rectum all day?

Partially. Also a hot speciality may not be hot when you come out. Also maybe you should dig for gold rather than gunning for derm? A lot of conclusion and speculation you can draw. Or pick whatever you want to do and like to do and forget the rest. I can remember when a few years ago, EM was hot. Look at their stats from this survey. How about rad onc? Or learn something about business now, so you don’t get f-ed over when you come out? Or look at it scientifically and say, how can you infer anything when your sample size is only 20k? Can you draw anything when the survey represented less than 2% of all anesthesiologists?

Or pick what you liked or not liked and discuss?

Reactions: 1 users
1. what stands out to me is that there are a quarter of responders at typical retirement age and up with NW < 1MM.
2. the slide with who's still paying off loans was surprising with EM at the top.