MD/PhD is not medical school???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seraph524

M0
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(will be using them/their to avoid identifying sex, i apologize if it reads weird)

So check this out, a friend of mine is teaching for the MCAT right now, and so they sent an email out to the class, telling them to regard their advice in trying to study, since they did very well and was accepted into a top 5 MD/PhD program.

However, one of the students immediately responded saying that while it was great they got into a MD/PhD program, they should try to teach the MCAT for people trying to get into medical school.

I never knew that going to an MD/PhD program is not going to medical school! o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's not. We're just sitting in a classroom full of what appears to be medical students, taking classes strikingly similar to medical school courses, going on the hospital wards (and interacting with patients too!), and earning a degree that suspciously looks like an M.D. but isn't.

Last edited:
THE MD IS A LIE.
THE MD IS A LIE.
THE MD IS A LIE.

the-cake-is-a-lie.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess its because they dirty the purity of a medical degree by doing research. :D

(will be using them/their to avoid identifying sex, i apologize if it reads weird)

So check this out, a friend of mine is teaching for the MCAT right now, and so they sent an email out to the class, telling them to regard their advice in trying to study, since they did very well and was accepted into a top 5 MD/PhD program.

However, one of the students immediately responded saying that while it was great they got into a MD/PhD program, they should try to teach the MCAT for people trying to get into medical school.

I never knew that going to an MD/PhD program is not going to medical school! o_O
What adds to the humor of this is that your friend told the students to listen to him/her because of his/her MCAT score/med school acceptance in the first place. As if being their MCAT teacher didn't give this person enough moral authority to make recommendations about how to study.

The student may have intended to make a different point than how you guys interpreted it, actually. In other words, sometimes high-achieving people like your buddy can forget that an awful lot of applicants would be absolutely ecstatic with a 30. :)

What adds to the humor of this is that your friend told the students to listen to him/her because of his/her MCAT score/med school acceptance in the first place. As if being their MCAT teacher didn't give this person enough moral authority to make recommendations about how to study.

The student may have intended to make a different point than how you guys interpreted it, actually. In other words, sometimes high-achieving people like your buddy can forget that an awful lot of applicants would be absolutely ecstatic with a 30. :)

Could be, could be, but they know for a fact that the student definitely did not mean they shouldn't be pushed so hard to study.

I really was hoping for Neuronix to comment on this, and he far exceeded my expectations ;)