MD PhD what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metrobusrider

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying in the 2018-2019 cycle for MD PhD programs. I was a division 1 soccer player so a lot of my time was taken up playing sports, however my overall application is still pretty good and I am wanting to know what my chances are for MD PhD programs, particularly top tier programs.

I am not URM
I go to a state school thats not very well known and I have a 4.0 and a 519 MCAT.
I did 8 months (250 hours) of psychology research helping a graduate student finish her dissertation. I am a secondary author on a manuscript for the research we did.
I did 8 months (250 hours) in a organic chemistry lab. no publications, nothing special
I have 24 months (2000 hours) working in a molecular biology lab working on my own project. I have a few poster presentations. No publications
I have 150 hours of clinical volunteering from high school, but only about 30 hours in college (mostly because soccer, i kind of chose to spend my time on research instead)
I have a decent amount of nonclincal volunteer hours from doing stuff through SAAC (student athlete advisory committee) probably around 200 hours
I am also the president of SAAC and on SGA so I have some leadership stuff.

Any advice on where I should apply and how competitive I am would be great.

Members don't see this ad.