1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MD/PhD

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PeruvianDoctor, Apr 20, 2004.

1. PeruvianDoctor

5+ Year Member

thinking about the MD/PhD anyone have helpfull advice??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. u2psalm40

u2psalm40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    there's a pre-md/phd forum.

4. WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member

Find a substantial research project; show a sustained committment to it; make sure you'll be able to click with your advisor. Excel in academics and don't neglect having a bit of extracurricular and clinical activity to show your committment to medicine and not just research.

5. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree with WatchingWaiting......not only will finding a project that you can devote yourself to look good on your app, it will more importantly show you what life in a lab is like. Maybe you'll realize that life at the bench isn't exactly for you. Its definately a huge committment, so I think its better to find out earlier than to find out later

6. southbelle

southbelle Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was thinking about the same thing until the end of my junior year. Then over that summer I saw the light. Reading papers about what effect gene abc has on neurotransmitter xyz isn't my idea of a good time.

I think the md only route is better bang for the buck.