1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

MD/PhD's

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by surge, Aug 18, 2002.

1. surge

surge Medicinski Znanstvenik
    10+ Year Member

Here's an intentionally open-ended question for MD students: how do you find/like/interact with any MD/PhD students in your class?
    Are there any obvious differences, are they a part of the crowd?
    Obviously, I know it depends on individuals, but I'm just interested in some thoughts and experiences out of curiosity.

Serge

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM
    10+ Year Member

in the first year at least most people probaly dont know who the mdphd students are unless they are friends with them

4. Vader

Vader Dark Lord of the Sith
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, as an MD/PhD student, I've found that people in my class took a while to find out. At my school, we are completely part of the class during the first two years. Eventually people do find out one way or another though. Not that it matters because I don't feel like I'm treated differently because of it. It will be weird, however, when we break off into the PhD while the others go on to their clinical rotations.

5. vyc

vyc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

it depends on the school.
    i know at mine, for example, the MD/PhD students do anatomy the summer before we even arrive.