MD MD School List - 3.9 GPA 34 MCAT non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csj10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you can't just add more schools that are in your range instead of simply exchanging? It is a little top heavy right now, but you have strong stats and you can improve your volunteering between now and when you interview. If you really like Dartmouth or Emory I'd suggest leaving it on the list and just adding more schools, as long as your budget allows it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a resident of Iowa? I'm not too familiar with the school, but I was under the impression that it strongly prefers in state applicants, so you'd be at a significant disadvantage there if you aren't a resident of Iowa. Overall, I think your list looks pretty good. I see that you listed Rosy Franklin in Chicago, is there a reason you didn't also include Rush or Loyola? Those are similar schools also in that area. SLU and MCW are other schools that you'd be pretty competitive at and aren't far from that region.

It's probably best if I defer to @Goro or @Catalystik for more school specific information.

I think Iowa is relatively OOS friendly when you have good stats, so I think it's fine (though I recall a Secondary question about state ties that may or may not still be present). I'd reread the selection criteria for WVirginia though and be sure you fulfill them.

If you include math faculty to draw science faculty LORs from, does that help you? If you really, really can't produce the LORs requested, you'll need to contact each school and get permission for substitutions. Nontrads often get some leeway on this issue, so that might help you broaden the scope of schools you can consider.

Goro's list

NYU
EVMC
Georgetown
Penn state
Drexel
Jefferson
Temple
Duke
USC
GWU
Mt Sinai