MD School MCAT Blind - Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossstr

Everything I do, I do for salsa dancing
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received a II at a UC school as an OOS/URM. The UC school is currently MCAT blind for interview invites but it sounds like from their admissions policy this year they will be considering MCAT scores to make A/WL/R decisions. I currently have a 503 MCAT (a few reasons for this which I explained in my secondary). What do I need to do/say other than blow-out my interview to help with an acceptance? Thanks for any/all feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Get an acceptance at another school and tell the UC that you'll dump that school for them in a heartbeat.
I've had other interviews so an acceptance may be the case! But would love an honest/serious answer if possible :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had other interviews so an acceptance may be the case! But would love an honest/serious answer if possible :)
That was my serious answer.

If they accept updates, a semester of great grades, or a major award, or news of a publication might help move the needle.

What else could you possibly do, other than make a seven figure donation?

That was my serious answer.

If they accept updates, a semester of great grades, or a major award, or news of a publication might help move the needle.

What else could you possibly do, other than make a seven figure donation?
I see I wasn't thinking about it in the context of updating them informing them "I have received another acceptance to an MD school this cycle but am greatly interested in attending this school because it aligns with my..." I hope this will be beneficial if it turns out to be the case. Thank you! And sorry, this is my top choice so just getting nervous about the interview as it approaches. Appreciate your feedback.

I see I wasn't thinking about it in the context of updating them informing them "I have received another acceptance to an MD school this cycle but am greatly interested in attending this school because it aligns with my..." I hope this will be beneficial if it turns out to be the case. Thank you! And sorry, this is my top choice so just getting nervous about the interview as it approaches. Appreciate your feedback.
Don't say "you're interested".. you tell them that you WILL attend there over the other school.

They already know you're interested because they're interviewing you.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't say "you're interested".. you tell them that you WILL attend there over the other school.

They already know you're interested because they're interviewing you
Thank you! Also functions as "willing" it into being.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro
Update - I have officially been accepted to another school. In my update to the UC school should I specifically state which one I have an acceptance to or just state the fact that I have one? Thank you!

Last edited:
@Goro
Update - I have officially been accepted to UIC. In my update to the UC school should I specifically state which one I have an acceptance to or just state the fact that I have one? Thank you!
You could name the school, but also articulate why you want to go to the UC

Reactions: 1 users
@Goro
I sent it! Basically tacked it onto the end of my COVID-19 hardship update and worded it as: "I currently have an acceptance from [the school] but due to [personal reason], as well as the longstanding desire to attend [the UC school], I will forgo my offer if granted the opportunity to attend this institution. Attending [the UC school] aligns with my goals of increasing healthcare for those who may not have access to it because of its mission and available programs. I am thankful for the opportunity to inform [the UC school] about the challenges I have faced in the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic and I look forward to my upcoming interview."

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user