MD vs. DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoboylol123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you please tell me the main differences between a MD and a DO ?
How hard is it to become a MD and a DO ?
What is your chance of residency at a hospital for 2 of them ?
How much do the societies value a MD more compared with a DO ?
I have lots of friends that will become DOs, are they doing an easy way to become a doctor compared with friends that will graduate as MDs ?
Thanks for your response in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MD can cure anything by injecting you with ground up stuff+ chemicals. DO are basically masseuses who can also do blood letting

Members don't see this ad :)
DOs are basically our secretaries, but less intelligent and less hot.

MD can cure anything by injecting you with ground up stuff+ chemicals. DO are basically masseuses who can also do blood letting

Can you elaborate your explanation ?
Use my questions as a guide. :thumbup:

as I understand it DO is to MD as oompa loompa is to Willy Wonka

OP I don't think the font size for your GPA and test scores is big enough.

carlfacepalm.gif

We need a noworkhistory vs. DarkmanX vs. psychoboylol123 troll-off

Wow you guys are more awesome than osteo peops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

I just simply don't know the differences between MD and DO.
Thought I'd get a good explanation from medical students. :idea:
That's all. :sleep: If you don't have the clear answers, don't bother to reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wiki

I have lots of friends that will become DOs, are they doing an easy way to become a doctor compared with friends that will graduate as MDs ?

Answering your questions in order:
1. MDs train for 4 years. DOs train for 8 years but only need to work half as hard so it balances out.
2. Very hard to become an MD and a DO, you would need 12 years of training!
3. The chance of residency is difficult to estimate, but on the other hand it is exactly 72%
4. Depends on whether you think training for 4 years at full speed or 8 years at half speed is better. I personally chose MD because my horoscope said to, but I know other people whose horoscopes didn't give them advice about medical school at all! Go figure.

1. MDs train for 4 years. DOs train for 8 years but only need to work half as hard so it balances out.
3. The chance of residency is difficult to estimate, but on the other hand it is exactly 72%
4. Depends on whether you think training for 4 years at full speed or 8 years at half speed is better. I personally chose MD because my horoscope said to, but I know other people whose horoscopes didn't give them advice about medical school at all! Go figure.

Wth?

Dear DrSnips,
Thank you for your thorough response.
I really appreciate that. :thumbup:

Dear DrSnips,
Thank you for your thorough response.
I really appreciate that. :thumbup:

:lol: Now you got me all confused. Not sure if dumb or talented troll?

Few things not right here.

1)You've been here for over 2 years and are asking this... now?
2) You're in dental school, so why are you concerned about MD/DO?
3) Those GPA/Test scores are massive font. Crazy.

:lol:

DOs are basically our secretaries, but less intelligent and less hot.

Less intelligent yes but waaaaaay hotter

Few things not right here.

1)You've been here for over 2 years and are asking this... now?
2) You're in dental school, so why are you concerned about MD/DO?
3) Those GPA/Test scores are massive font. Crazy.

I don't know then I ask. You don't like then don't answer.
Because I am in dental school now, that's why I ask. ;)
If I were a medical student, and I still ask these questions then that's something wrong.
What is the font for ? If the massive fonts aren't allowed to use so they shouldn't be there.
They are there why should I not use ? :idea:
My thread is primary differences about MD vs DO. Something you might know and they are not on Wikipedia.org (You know what I mean, people don't want to say directly that may hurt somebody who keep complaining about this as a troll/dumb thread) :thumbdown:
For those of you think I should I find out these questions by myself. I suggest you don't waste time to reply to this thread. Thank you for your cooperation and who help me clear up my confusions. :thumbup:
PS: my purpose is not to fight/argue with anyone

Yay! A troll thread! OP doesn't know how to use a search function, and loves to troll us! In before the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.