#me as well

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caIM7

The beach is my medicine.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was pulled around a hospital room by my collar, yelled at and demoralized repeatedly, ridiculed in front of patients and peers almost daily, isolated purposefully to further the abuse... although I was not the only person (female) harassed, bullied, intimidated by my IM residency PD, I was the only one to say something, and persecuted by the program. I was intimidated and belittled by an older tall large white male granted absolute power in a system lacking any sort of checks and balance until finally I had to quit because I was an exhausted female resident walking a tightrope on fire, growing smaller and more helpless by the second.

It turns out as expected: I quit/got kicked out, lost my future, and he continued to harass and bully residents for 5 years until he "stepped down" as PD (but continues to work with the hospital's outpatient clinic). His malignant behavior was enabled by the rest of the GME, a tight club of enablers that perpetuate "unknown" behavior over powerless residents. The medical education system's "open secret."

Harassment is harassment, and is not singular in character. Offenders use their sex, size, knowledge of the system, weaker associates.. to grab and take what they want. It should not happen in any field or system or tolerated in any form, residency programs included.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users