Me, me, me! Me have an interview too!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amonkeybutt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you believe it? With five application files complete, still working on 2 or 3 more, one possible rejection (from U of W), I finally have an interview at OHSU! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I was so excited that I kept on cutting off the receptionist on the phone trying to schedule my interview. Anyhow, it's on 12/12 (lucky numbers I think), I can't wait and yet I am SOOOOOOOO nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations! it just goes to show you that in this crazy, AMCAS-fiasco year, even a monkey's butt can get an interview!

sorry, i couldn't resist. :D i'll go away now...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations. I am waiting to hear from OHSU ..If you don't mind sharing your stats,when your file was complete and when you received the interview invitaion ?? thank you so much.

Congratulations!! I am so jealous! I called OHSU yesterday to check out my status, and I found out that one of my letters of rec never made it there. Now I have to wait for it to be resent before I hear anything. Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you'll kick butt (no pun intended).

Originally posted by C U in MD school:
•which scholl is OHSU?•••
<a href="http://www.ohsu.edu" target="_blank">Oregon Health & Science University</a> or Oregon Health Sciences University depending on where you look...

hey cookie, i don't mind sharing my stats since i basically harassed everyone else with interviews at OHSU for them also :)
i am an oregon resident, attended a state school, 3.9 gpa, 30 MCAT (not to stellar). my file was complete 11/12 due to an oversight by the office (they had put my recs in a different file). i suggest you e-mail or call them if you are really curious. when i finally did, i was told i should hear within a week or two (which was true!).

i'm sorry, i meant to add that i heard on friday the 30th by phone and received a letter the next day.

no, i don't mind. it is 9V, 11P, 10B.

Congrats! I am planning to apply to the MD/MPH program at OHSU next year, it's my first choice for a bunch of reasons.