Meaning of your User name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CheifSaab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading all the insighful posts by all the characters on this forum, i got to thinking. What is the meaning of everyone's user names? If it has a meaning or story behind it, please do share to the rest of the SDN world.

I'll go first. Cheifsaab was the first ever song i listened to when i was a kid in Pakistan. I was randomly listening to it on Youtube when i discovered this wonderful website. So it was the first thing that came to my head when i had to choose a user name when i registered.
Here is the link to the song if you are interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmF8Cyaqcg&feature=related

Cheifsaab out

Members don't see this ad.

After reading all the insighful posts by all the characters on this forum, i got to thinking. What is the meaning of everyone's user names? If it has a meaning or story behind it, please do share to the rest of the SDN world.

I'll go first. Cheifsaab was the first ever song i listened to when i was a kid in Pakistan. I was randomly listening to it on Youtube when i discovered this wonderful website. So it was the first thing that came to my head when i had to choose a user name when i registered.
Here is the link to the song if you are interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmF8Cyaqcg&feature=related

Cheifsaab out

And here I thought you owned the fastest saab in the planet.:laugh:

Mine's derived from Caustic. Nothing special.

my ugrad institution and year

Members don't see this ad :)
Felix... cuz that's my name.

Also, it's a cat.

Cats is a pretty cool guy, eh plays with yarn and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ace Ventura

bcat: my schools mascot

85: as in 1985.. year of birth

When I was a young teen I used to play a role playing game called Morrowind. The name of the fantasy world was 'Vvardenfell' or something similar. So I just ripped off my user name from that.

Wow, most nerdy story ever. :thumbdown:

You wanted more depth to our names... didn't you?

lol.

Alright. Felix isn't my real name. It's something like John or Chris or Ben.

Felix was the name of the character in the comic strip that I drew for my high school and AMC Theaters newsletters. After a while, people started calling me Felix (probably because the character resembled me). I wore a nametag that said Felix, and was called it at school.

I no longer get called "Felix", but its use on the internetz stuck.

I know what you're thinking, :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Mine derives from my real name, despite everyone thinking it's The Offen -- what's an Offen?

Well umm...mine is because scrubs are sexy? An old boyfriend used to tell me that my *** looks great in scrubs (no, I won't post pictures, so don't ask! ;))

my initials are cg, a friend of mine who is into punk rock started clalinmg me cgbg, a play on the name of the famous punk rock club CBGB. plus its easy to say.

mine's a play on my last name. It was created when my bf was sending things to the wrong email address (first dating) and I thought it was a humorous mixup.

Non-trad applying out of grad school--flying stealth below their radar :cool: Well, not really anymore. My department is aware and is supportive even though I won't complete the PhD. Getting my Masters though. Plus, 007 rules. Cue the cool spy music...

Members don't see this ad :)
My name comes from a Starting Line song, they covered a J-LO/JRule Song.

I always use it on XBoxLive or Steam so when I PWN someone the feel emasculated

Non-trad applying out of grad school--flying stealth below their radar :cool: Well, not really anymore. My department is aware and is supportive even though I won't complete the PhD. Getting my Masters though. Plus, 007 rules. Cue the cool spy music...

I thought your name was a joke, since 007 is a license to kill. Like Dr. Kevorkian (sp?).

I thought your name was a joke, since 007 is a license to kill. Like Dr. Kevorkian (sp?).

True...that would have made a little more sense and perhaps would have been more appropriate. Well, since the first explanation no longer applies, let's adopt this new one, LOL.

Wow, we could be one in the same. I went through the same situation.

Anywho, mine comes from the mascots of my undergrad (Spartan) and graduate (Blue Jay) institutions. 2 is my birth month.

My name comes from a Starting Line song, they covered a J-LO/JRule Song.

I always use it on XBoxLive or Steam so when I PWN someone the feel emasculated

I went to high school with the lead singer of Starting Line. I didn't know him too well, but he was really good friends with other people in our marching band, mostly the brass kids. I was a drummer.

flaahless - A rap name I had when I was 12. Spelled incorrectly to symbolize that nothing is perfect. Corny, I know.

I like cold weather and the color blue. I also play blues music. I do not feel blue in cold weather though... especially when mountains, rocks, and snow are involved.

mine is my name.
ive had many nicknames...but once i started teaching i had the students call me Mr Matt. cause apparently Oglesby is too hard to pronounce without hearing me say it for the first time.
plus its my moniker on myspace.

Moshe Rabbenu is Moses' full hebrew name. My name is Moshe, named after Moshe Rabbenu, so I used it. It sounded cool.

I am easily too cold, but I aspire to never be cold, mostly by moving to warmer locations where winter is less present.

Good luck with the ironman. My name is joy and I enjoy running. I was still sore from finishing my first marathon when I created my username, so it was fresh on my mind.

Oh, yeah, and I noticed on your profile you're thinking about re-taking the MCAT. If you do, I recommend studying during endurance sports training. It does wonders for my concentration, discipline, and tenacity.

Rav (רב) is hebrew for rabbi. Rabbenu means "our rabbi", but it has kind of become part of his name.

It's a play off the word "sexuality". I think well read and well spoken people are sexy :)

Searun represents the searun cutthroat trout, native to the coastal streams of the Pacific Northwest. It is my favorite trout and an object of my desire as a flyfisherman. It has speckles along its belly and deep red slashes on its throat near its gills, and it goes to sea every Spring for three or four months to eat shrimp which gives its flesh a deep pink color. It returns to the freshwater stream of its birth every fall which is when I fish for it. The searun cutthoat trout is a very beautiful fish, a prized game fish.

Woohoo. First post.

Mine is my school's mascot.

Mine is symbolic of my amazing lack of creativity!:D

Rav (רב) is hebrew for rabbi. Rabbenu means "our rabbi", but it has kind of become part of his name.
i was pretty close then..

Anyways.. yeh.. so this is screename ive had since i was a freshman in HS.. its from a marilyn manson song called tourniquet (good song).. also medically speaking, its used to stop the flow of blood, so if ure excessively bleeding it can be used to save your life, and if youre not bleeding, it can just stop the flow of blood and kill you.. so thats pretty cool... and 1963.. is the year kennedy was assasignated.. and i like JFK (im not sure how the year of his death really parallels to my liking him), and the 60s was also a time of lot of change.. it was a crazy decade in my opinion. and 60s music is good too..

i was pretty close then..

Anyways.. yeh.. so this is screename ive had since i was a freshman in HS.. its from a marilyn manson song called tourniquet (good song).. also medically speaking, its used to stop the flow of blood, so if ure excessively bleeding it can be used to save your life, and if youre not bleeding, it can just stop the flow of blood and kill you.. so thats pretty cool... and 1963.. is the year kennedy was assasignated.. and i like JFK (im not sure how the year of his death really parallels to my liking him), and the 60s was also a time of lot of change.. it was a crazy decade in my opinion. and 60s music is good too..

Yep, you were.

Lots of layers to your s/n. I like. :thumbup:

mine means stfu in a more subtle manner.

Dienekes was the bravest of the three hundred Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae and the source of the famous "Good, then we shall fight in the shade" retort to the comment about the number of Persian archers.

What is the meaning of everyone's user names? If it has a meaning or story behind it, please do share to the rest of the SDN world.

my first and last name spliced and glued back together followed by my favorite number. it was number for football since i was in pop warner and al through high school. i was also 21 for any other sport that I could be like baseball or lacrosse. unfortuantely i play rugby now and you don't really get a choice as to what number you are are....so oh well!!

"The Maxx" is a comic book I use to read. I added the 4 just because.

Mine is because I love to fish for largemouth bass :) .

I speak nicely to them when I want them to bite my lure. Hehe.

-BP

Sorry, double post?

I usually spin oranges before I eat them.

Pete Sampras is a legendary tennis player, who had a serve that was incredibly fast (before he retired). So, they called him "Pistol Pete." I'm a huge tennis fan, so I ran with it.