NewDPT31

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Status
DPT / OTD
Regarding the Therapy Cap for Med B:
I realize that Jan 1 the cap starts over(thank God), but I've read a few places that for Hospital based outpatient clinics, the cap won't apply. It previously didn't apply to Hospital based PT, but was started in Oct 12 until December 31, 2013. Supposedly, that law wasn't extended and hospital based PT/SLP and OT caps will go away. I realize private practice will have a cap, I'm talking about hospital based. Anyone know for sure? I have emails out to CMS(which I'm fairly certain will be discovered in a few years).
Thanks
Happy new year!

Sheldon

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2011
Status
DPT / OTD
Regarding the Therapy Cap for Med B:
I realize that Jan 1 the cap starts over(thank God), but I've read a few places that for Hospital based outpatient clinics, the cap won't apply. It previously didn't apply to Hospital based PT, but was started in Oct 12 until December 31, 2013. Supposedly, that law wasn't extended and hospital based PT/SLP and OT caps will go away. I realize private practice will have a cap, I'm talking about hospital based. Anyone know for sure? I have emails out to CMS(which I'm fairly certain will be discovered in a few years).
Thanks
Happy new year!
I work in a critical access, hospital-based, OP clinic. The cap applies to us as of January 1st, while before it (the cap) did not.

Cheers!

OP
NewDPT31

NewDPT31

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Status
DPT / OTD
CMS just replied via email(I AM AMAZED). Supposedly an Extension was signed until at least March 31, 2014. Glad I could answer my own question. haha