Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Med-Mar update

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Rhiana, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Rhiana

Rhiana Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those on Med-Mar, I got a catalog from Dartmouth today so the list must be circulating. Good luck all.

2. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

U. Penn recently sent me a letter. look in your mailbox for thier upcomming recruitment. it's really hard to know if they make an effort to send letters to URMs thatthey are really interested or if they just mass mail letters to almost all registered URMs hoping to catch a gunner. i scored a 27 on the MCAT and didn't think twice about U. Penn since they're up there with the really high stats. i don't know if I should take their invitation seriously.

3. kobe8

kobe8 Member
    7+ Year Member

I felt the same way that you did when I recieved a letter from U. Pitt. To better understand their motivation, I spoke to the individual who sent me the letter. She told me that my stats are competitive and she only sent letters to those on MED-MAR whose numbers were competitive.
    I am from Cali also and I understand how diffucult it is to get into our own schools. However, not all schools are as numbers conscious. Call them. Maybe that will help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...