Med/Peds Interviews and Prog Choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WondrinWanderer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for fellow people interviewing for med peds or current residents. But first I would like to request that people take the time to fill our the interview reviews here. They are anonymous so that makes it nice. Or maybe just put your interview experiences here. I actually did some interview reviews and then they disappeared so I will be adding some soon.

I am wondering if anyone has thoughts about doing residency in a Catholic hospital. Does that pose special circumstances which people have encounter either favorable or unfavorable? I really like one of the residency programs I interviewed at but I am hesitant because it is a Catholic hospital. Not sure what affect that has.

Thanks,
WW

Members don't see this ad.

my only concern about catholic hospitals were that the ones i evaluated restricted your ability to discuss birth control options and/or abortion with your patients, and i valued the opportunity to teach my patients (and learn myself!) about their options. I'm not sure if it would also affect your ability to discuss end of life and dnr too?

In reference to the Catholic hospital question - I asked that very question recently, and the residents said it's never an issue. They said they prescribe birth control all the time, and that while other situations might be an issue for someone going into ob/gyn, the med-peds folks never need to do anything that they cannot do there. hope that helps.