med/peds programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VitaminK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to research med/peds programs but I'm unsure what all I need to be looking for in programs. I don't even know what programs are known to be really good. Has anyone else previously gone through this or have any research on the quality of any programs? Any help in this department would be great!
I must also admit that I'm extremely scared bc there's only a lil over 100 programs so it would seem to be harder to get into, and I would still like to end up in a decent location. This year is going to be so stressful...

Members don't see this ad.

I actually have been having the same problem. I think it depends a lot on the region you are interested in being in. It's also really surprising how many places don't have med/peds that you would think would. One thing I've been told to look for in a program is how well the program is integrated between the two specialties. And that the combined program will only be as good as the two individual programs. It also helps for there to be a med/peds office.