Med prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A1cfox21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a quick Question: Are there Masters degrees out there that have classes that would be accepted as the science pre-reqs for med school? Masters that don't require a specific undergrad degree, of course. Curious because I'll probably obtain a BS while on Active Duty USAF that won't allow me to take those science classes in the time I want to take to finish it. I'll probably finish it in 2 yrs part-time and I want to get commissioned as an officer as soon as possible and then (hopefully) attend Med school afterwards. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of any master's programs that will let you take undergrad level chem, ochem, physics and bio towards graduate credit, except I hear that there are some post-bacc programs where you can get a master's, but I don't know what courses you take to obtain the master's. Good luck finding something like this. Why can't you take the prereq's at your undergrad institution in addition to the courses you need for your degree or take the courses as a non-degree seeking student after you graduate???

Thanks for the response. I thought I'd try to get a Masters so I'd be a more appealing candidate for med school. But otherwise, i'll probably end up taking those classes as a non-degree seeking student. Thanks anayway... :)

Yes, there are premed post-baccs that actually grant a master's at some schools. Do you want to take them? No, because if you do they won't count towards your undergraduate science gpa. Just take a normal post-bacc.