med school acceptance before starting fresh yr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutekittypi

Cutekittypi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my brothers gf is starting her freshman year this fall at a university. but they were telling me that her med school is practically paid for already because she was in some type of program...is this possible...why would a program offer to pay for your medical education if you havent even gone through freshman year yet. by no means is this girl not smart ...she took some sciences this summer and has done well and did great in H.S.but....they said her estimated cost of med school would be 20000 total...This doedsnt seem possible...are there programs like this ?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so my brothers gf is starting her freshman year this fall at a university. but they were telling me that her med school is practically paid for already because she was in some type of program...is this possible...why would a program offer to pay for your medical education if you havent even gone through freshman year yet. by no means is this girl not smart ...she took some sciences this summer and has done well and did great in H.S.but....they said her estimated cost of med school would be 20000 total...This doedsnt seem possible...are there programs like this ?

well, she might have gotten into an BS/MD program which is usually a 6 year program with 2 year of undergrad and 4 years of med school.

There are some schools that pre-accept kids out of high school to enter medical school, and if they maintain a certain academic standard throughout undergrad then they are auto-admitted without having to apply, take the mcat, etc.

Sounds like maybe she did that, coupled with National Merit or state funded pre-paid college tuition program, or both.

Or they could be lying just to piss you off

Members don't see this ad :)
i started my own medical school and I am accepting any hot girls. im thought you bf's gf was hot, so I let her in with a deal. sorry.

Must've been Stewart University. I hear they're hurting for students these days.