1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Med school and sheep?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jugador75, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Jugador75

Jugador75 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Which med schools have the best "research sheep" ? Of course by "best" I mean the highest caliber, most compassionate, and most beautiful sheep. This is a personal issue stemming from extensive childhood "relationships". Only serious replies, or those with actual "clinical" hands-on experience.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Can't give you a definite answer, but I would think these would include schools that have strong agricultural programs and/or vet schools. Michigan State, Ohio State, and UC Davis immediately come to mind.

4. rondo

rondo Member
    7+ Year Member

i think sheep are the best farm animal ever. here at the university of illinois, urbana-champaign, we have a great sheep farm belonging to the vet school. sometimes when i drive by they sheep are outside and i get out of my car to watch them. there are big sheeps, skinny sheeps, really cute baby sheeps, dirty sheeps... they've never let me get near enough to touch them so i guess i don't have real hands-on "clinical" experience but they seem nice to me although i don't know if they are compassionate. they don't make fun of the ugly one as far as i can tell so i guess that's compassionate. sorry to hear about your family "relationships". maybe you will find a school that will let you work through them with sheep.

5. Biffer

Biffer The good times doc
    10+ Year Member

Jugador, my man, in order to find the choicest sheep you must have connections. Top ten schools aren't neccessarily bastions of gorgeous sheep. Send me a PM and I will arrange a meeting with a good sheep man-he will direct you to a quality ewe or Ram. But, better yet-I can give you a sweet deal on a fit rhesus monkey(highly exotic and definitley worth it!) Let me know,
    Biffer.
    I'll be getting hammered soon..

6. wow what an interesting thread.... :p

7. I don't care much for sheep. I'm quite fond of pigs though. they provide a much steadier base so that you don't lose your balance, and they are strong little troopers, let me tell you. :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p

8. Jugador75

Jugador75 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just wanna say that you guys are awesome. I just found this website like a few days ago, and I was afraid that people would respond to the "sheep" question with hostile replies about how I should be taking this website seriously, etc... Wow, I guess premed kids can be cool afterall.

Now, like I always say, back to the sheep. I have one right here with me now - Borris is her name - and man is she an animal! No pun intended. I, for one, consider myself an expert in the great field of sheeping, and let me tell you, there is no greater thrill or joy in life. Now, if you will excuse me, my sheep is beckoning me. Oh Borris...

PS - Biffer - you are my hero and savior.

9. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Pigs are too dirty for me. I feel like they have been around the mudpit with all the other boys and I just can't get that out of my head.

Like I have said on my other threads, it's super important that the female be "well-groomed" in those certain areas. Sheep just overtake everything and I can't even figure out if the sheep is facing me or if she's just walking backwards all the time.

Cows have a little too much back for me...PLUS, they fall asleep when you are "tending" to them! A big turn-off!

I would have to agree that if you have your heart set on sheep, UC Davis would be a great start.

For me though, it's gonna have to be those minature horses. Well groomed and oh so great! :D :p :D :D :D :D

10. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

lol, ohmygod!! when I saw the first post I thought it was SERIOUS...yet I couldn't make sense of it; until the first 3 posts I couldn't make sense of it...until I realized it was one big joke (on my sense of humor)...but as i read on...I was ROFL.

You guys are hilarious. I guess I have just been studying too hard....

Tweetie
    PS: now don't start up about how you'd like to go to school with Tweetie. :D :D

11. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Oh snap - I thought you guys were serious (that's why I asked you Scoob). I'm so darn gullible :(

12. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't mind going to school with you, Tweetie. ;) ;) We can make up for your lack of 'fun' during the months you were preparing for the MCAT ;) :D :)

13. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well I'm afraid that we don't have any sheep at UCLA...but I can tell you that I found a great blow up doll of a sheep at AAAAHHHS in Westwood....my best friend received one from me for Christmas ;)

According to the lady that worked at the store..some employee had the bright idea to insert his arm in the "anatomically correct" orifice and umm....got his arm stuck inside!

14. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Before anyone takes Biffer up on his offer of a Rhesus monkey, I just thought I should remind all of you that there's a 50 - 75% chance that the critter will have a disease that will kill you in under a month. But if you're into that kind of thing.....

15. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This thread cracks me up. These always appear at just the right time too-- when I'm ready for a dose of medicine to escape reality!

16. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i still don't get what the question is asking...

initially, i thought it might have been an expression... "research sheep" maybe you meant school good for res. but you said serious replies, so i said nothing. than i realized you were talking about the animals... so i thought it was a real question. but now i GUESS it's a joke. um, you have a pet sheep? cool. the state of california doesn't allow pet monkeys. we wanted one.

i have no idea if any of that was related to the post....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:cool:

17. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

TweetieBird - I want to go to school with you.

Sonya - I don't want to go to school with you.

hehe :)

18. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have a fantastic idea. I think that I will design the world's first miniphant. That's a miniature elephant. We could sell them like those damn potbellied pigs. I figure as long as I can keep them from getting any bigger than 1.5 feet tall, everyone will want one. I just need to figure out a way around that long gestation period. That's miniphants. Tell your friends about them.

19. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

20. racerx

racerx ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    For sale: 1 Ewe, answers to the name Baambi. Includes set of electric shears for keeping her in tip-top condition. Also, 1 pair of slightly used knee high rubber boots with room for 1 human foot and one cloven hoof in each. Price: Negotiable.

Now if y'all 'scuse me...I got s'more sheep tah tend tah. :eek:

21. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sonya, hon, you MUST get out more....

to the rest of you...LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Funniest post I've read in quite a while. BTW, I would personally LOVE to have a miniphant!

You know, if you can't find any suitable sheep, I know where there are some REALLY adorable miniature goats..... :)

22. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh yeah, I better do my job and move this to the lounge....