Med-school Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wopoku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a Junior in college and trying to attend Med-School in the fall of 2012. When should you start applying for med-school. Do you apply a year ahead(meaing in 2010, junior year), or wait until your senior year (2011) and start applying.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a junior and want to go to medical school the year after your senior year. Then you need to apply this year starting from june 10'.

You apply the summer in between your junior and senior year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I had a 2.5 gpa my freshman year and decided to take a year off in order to bring my grades up as much as possible before applying. I graduated last May with a 3.5 and applied for med school last summerin order to matriculate this fall. I agree with mvenus929 in that it was the best decision for me. It also gave me an opportunity to recharge after an extremely demanding 4 years of college. I would've applied after my junior year if my freshman grades weren't so horrible, but since they were, I decided to take the year off. You only want to have to apply to med school once because it is a very difficult process to go through. So do not rush into doing it because you don't want to take a year off. You're gonna be in school forever anyway...what's another year? Good luck.