wopoku

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
If you are a Junior in college and trying to attend Med-School in the fall of 2012. When should you start applying for med-school. Do you apply a year ahead(meaing in 2010, junior year), or wait until your senior year (2011) and start applying.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
If you are a junior and want to go to medical school the year after your senior year. Then you need to apply this year starting from june 10'.

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
well look at you and ur 4.0 gpa
Not quite 4.0. And I worked my butt off for many years to get that GPA. And you'll notice that I still got rejected from schools. GPA isn't everything. Taking a year off was probably one of the best things I've ever done.

Apr 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Yea I had a 2.5 gpa my freshman year and decided to take a year off in order to bring my grades up as much as possible before applying. I graduated last May with a 3.5 and applied for med school last summerin order to matriculate this fall. I agree with mvenus929 in that it was the best decision for me. It also gave me an opportunity to recharge after an extremely demanding 4 years of college. I would've applied after my junior year if my freshman grades weren't so horrible, but since they were, I decided to take the year off. You only want to have to apply to med school once because it is a very difficult process to go through. So do not rush into doing it because you don't want to take a year off. You're gonna be in school forever anyway...what's another year? Good luck.