Med school housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doinmybest5840

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know not all med schools provide housing for their students, but for those that do, does it tend to be dorms or apartment-type housing? And if they provide dorm rooms, are they part of undergrad dorms or separate? Single rooms, or shared? Communal or suite/private bathrooms? I know every school is different, and I don't expect a complete list, I am just looking for an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

All the school I looked at that offered housing had apartment-style housing. You might be in a graduate student building (not just med students), but I'm pretty sure they don't put med students with undergrads. Can you imagine trying to study and living in a building with freshmen? Housing varies by school. If you're interested in a particular school, check their website for what they offer.

I know not all med schools provide housing for their students, but for those that do, does it tend to be dorms or apartment-type housing? And if they provide dorm rooms, are they part of undergrad dorms or separate? Single rooms, or shared? Communal or suite/private bathrooms? I know every school is different, and I don't expect a complete list, I am just looking for an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

i think it depends on the school you attend but from what ive seen most people get an apartment of their own and share it with someone, find a roomate based on lists given by the school, and by the way, theres no way in hell im sharing a room with anyone ever again and i dont think anyone should do this in graduate school, but yeah for the most part people find apartments is my understanding (not a university apartment either)