Med School in Aussie for US students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxp13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I an undergrad in the US right now and thinking about applying to med school in australia. I was wondering what are the good schools in aussie, and how are they on accepting international students. I was also wondering if anyone knows if it is hard for a student who finished med school in australia to get accepted back to residency in the US.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

see my response on your previous post or PM me

I am a 2nd yr at the University of Sydney.

I am a local, but in my year there are about 40 international students (class sizes are about 270 per year). About half of these students are Singaporean, probably about 10 Canadians, 5 Americans and 5 'other'.

http://my.netian.com/~anikhyun/residency in usa.doc

An American graduate from our university typed out this comprehensive guide (66 page Word document) about studying medicine at Sydney and going back to the States to practice.

She wrote this in 2001, when she was an IM resident at the University of Connecticut.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ezekiel20 said:
I am a 2nd yr at the University of Sydney.

I am a local, but in my year there are about 40 international students (class sizes are about 270 per year). About half of these students are Singaporean, probably about 10 Canadians, 5 Americans and 5 'other'.

http://my.netian.com/~anikhyun/residency in usa.doc

An American graduate from our university typed out this comprehensive guide (66 page Word document) about studying medicine at Sydney and going back to the States to practice.

She wrote this in 2001, when she was an IM resident at the University of Connecticut.

Hope this helps.

1. The numbers of International students should be closer to 60.

2. The numbers of Canadians numbers closer to 20.

3. Class sizes at Sydney have been increasing each year. The intake for the 2006-2009 class should be closer to 300.

4. The author of that file is a male.

Adelaide Uni have increase their positions this year due to some government agreement. I think the International student count is 45-60... not sure, gonna have to check that again. But there are 5ish spots for Aboriginals/Torres Straight Islanders, and the rest are open for locals.

much more expensive to study in aussi rather US? what are some of the prices over there?