Med School Is Over!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrouz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was my last official day of medical school. Congratulations to everyone graduating this year! Thank you for the advice and lively (sometimes heated) discusssions. I wish you all the best in your respective programs, and I hope that you will be as happy as an intern can possibly be.

To those of you who are still in medical school: keep working hard and try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will get there soon.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

drrouz said:
Yesterday was my last official day of medical school. Congratulations to everyone graduating this year! Thank you for the advice and lively (sometimes heated) discusssions. I wish you all the best in your respective programs, and I hope that you will be as happy as an intern can possibly be.

To those of you who are still in medical school: keep working hard and try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will get there soon.

:thumbup:

Hey there,
Congratulations on getting done. I know that it's a great feeling. In all honesty, didn't it go by pretty fast? Yikes, I can still remember that sick feeling on the first day of orientation. Anyway, time marches on and soon you will be done with residency! :D :D

Congrats again!!
njbmd :)

hey, i'm done too. it's hard to fill these long days (although i'm managing quite well).
congrats to all. and best of luck in june/july. i'm actually looking forward to it. although i do anticipate some fear when it comes to the real deal.
for now, i'm loving the time. getting my head together. moving.
my best to all!
gg

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats drrouz! What are you going into? Gen Surg?

mysophobe said:
Congrats drrouz! What are you going into? Gen Surg?
Thank you mysophobe and njbmd! I am going to be a categorical resident in general surgery at UC Davis Medical Center. I am thrilled to be returning home to work at the hospital I have always wanted to train in.

geekgirl said:
hey, i'm done too. it's hard to fill these long days (although i'm managing quite well).
congrats to all. and best of luck in june/july. i'm actually looking forward to it. although i do anticipate some fear when it comes to the real deal.
for now, i'm loving the time. getting my head together. moving.
my best to all!
gg

I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I are going to take a long needed vacation, but in the meantime I'm just filling my day with paperwork and golf. Your not the only one afraid of the "real deal". Since the match I have had a few nightmares and sleepless nights. I'm trying to combat it by trying to relax as much as possible.

Congrats again. Don't worry about the "real deal". They won't let you kill anyone that wasn't already going to die.

drrouz said:
I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I are going to take a long needed vacation, but in the meantime I'm just filling my day with paperwork and golf. Your not the only one afraid of the "real deal". Since the match I have had a few nightmares and sleepless nights. I'm trying to combat it by trying to relax as much as possible.

I am trying to be as lazy as humanly possible, with frequent trips to the gym and golf course. Unfortunately i was having a nightmare on the front nine this morning, worst nine holes in years, but a terrible day golfing is a damn good day. :)

That's a great feeling - really live it up before residency starts!