Med School List Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Looksoktome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI Everyone! I will be applying to medical school in June to enter 2022 and would love some guidance on making a school list. Some info about me: Graduated 2020 from a top 10 LAC known for rigor. sGPA and cGPA between 3.5 and 3.6 with very strong upward trend; A-/A in Calc1,2 and stats; A-/A in Orgo 1,2; A-/B+ in calc based Physics; A's in uppr level Bios. MCAT 522 and well-balanced. D3 football player. Lots of volunteering, enough shadowing. Starting research for next 1.5 years. Worked in restaurant maintenance full time for a couple of summers. Illinois resident. I would be happy to move anywhere, but do love Illinois (family, elderly granparents here). @LizzyM @Goro @Faha @gyngyn and anyone else - your response in much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, you sound golden. Add all your state public school(s) and the privates you are interested in for both mission and geography. You should have a good chance to see love almost anywhere you want to go. You're only limited by funding and how much time you want to put into the application process.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Dude, you sound golden. Add all your state public school(s) and the privates you are interested in for both mission and geography. You should have a good chance to see love almost anywhere you want to go. You're only limited by funding and how much time you want to put into the application process.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Be brutally honest with yourself and plug your info into WARS. Be careful about how many applications you submit as it is easy to get burned out on secondaries and to make stupid mistakes like listing the name of the wrong school in a secondary essay.

Reactions: 1 users
Be brutally honest with yourself and plug your info into WARS. Be careful about how many applications you submit as it is easy to get burned out on secondaries and to make stupid mistakes like listing the name of the wrong school in a secondary essay.
Thank you for your prompt response and advice. Will do.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Northwestern
U Chicago
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana
Iowa
Western Michigan
St, Louis
Tulane
Miami
USF Morsani
Duke
Georgetown
Jefferson
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Boston University
Tufts
Dartmouth

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Northwestern
U Chicago
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana
Iowa
Western Michigan
St, Louis
Tulane
Miami
USF Morsani
Duke
Georgetown
Jefferson
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Boston University
Tufts
Dartmouth
Your list is much appreciated! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.