Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

med school lunch-in: what's it like?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Bruin4Life, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In a few more days I'll be at my first interview. I was just wondering what you guys think about the lunch-ins at the interviews. In general how are they set up? Are you paired up with a med student and then chat over lunch or do you sit among the med students and chat in a group? Can you guys write about your experiences?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

usually there are a couple med students spread out through the group of interviewees and you can ask them questions while you eat. I have found that more questions get answered during the tour than during the lunch, but that is not always the case. Good luck on your first interview!

4. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i have had a interview where the lunch was with a med student (one on one) and he interviewed me at the same time. so, i think it depends on the school.

5. MacGyver

MacGyver Membership Revoked
    Removed

6. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

at most places I've been too there was a group of interviewees with a couple med students, usually about 2-4 interviewees/MS. Some places put you all 15 of you around a big table, and some break you up so that it's like 3 ints and 1 MS per table. Hopkins is the only place significantly different in my experience in that there is also a faculty member at the table.

7. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

MacGyve: yes i am talking about tulane. did you have a interview there too?