med school lunch-in: what's it like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruin4Life

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a few more days I'll be at my first interview. I was just wondering what you guys think about the lunch-ins at the interviews. In general how are they set up? Are you paired up with a med student and then chat over lunch or do you sit among the med students and chat in a group? Can you guys write about your experiences?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

usually there are a couple med students spread out through the group of interviewees and you can ask them questions while you eat. I have found that more questions get answered during the tour than during the lunch, but that is not always the case. Good luck on your first interview!

i have had a interview where the lunch was with a med student (one on one) and he interviewed me at the same time. so, i think it depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by C U in MD school:
•i have had a interview where the lunch was with a med student (one on one) and he interviewed me at the same time. so, i think it depends on the school.•••

I'm assuming this is Tulane or are you referring to a different school?

at most places I've been too there was a group of interviewees with a couple med students, usually about 2-4 interviewees/MS. Some places put you all 15 of you around a big table, and some break you up so that it's like 3 ints and 1 MS per table. Hopkins is the only place significantly different in my experience in that there is also a faculty member at the table.

MacGyve: yes i am talking about tulane. did you have a interview there too?