1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Med School Options?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by 25liz, Nov 21, 2000.

1. 25liz

25liz Junior Member

Please tell me if I am disillusioned:
    I had a 2.6 overall and 2.7 sci GPA and got a 22 on an MCAT practice test. Should I even try for ANY med school? I am three years out of college (biochem major, bio minor) and have been working as a microbiologist in a food lab. Should I take the real MCAT and see what happens or scrap Med school dreams. How about pharmacy or DO?
    I also would have difficulty getting references. I could get one from my boss but who else? HELP!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Was that MCAT practice test taken BEFORE or AFTER you studied for 4 months???? If you haven't put forth a dedicated amount of time to study for the MCAT you're really cheating yourself out of a good score! I made an 18 on my first practice (diagnostic) test...I made a 28 on the real thing...and actually I probably made more like a 30+ on my original August test but I had to retake my MCAT (with only 3 weeks notice while working full-time) because they lost my first one (the second test was much harder). Go study, take some more practice tests...then worry! Good Luck! [​IMG]