Med School Options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

25liz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell me if I am disillusioned:
I had a 2.6 overall and 2.7 sci GPA and got a 22 on an MCAT practice test. Should I even try for ANY med school? I am three years out of college (biochem major, bio minor) and have been working as a microbiologist in a food lab. Should I take the real MCAT and see what happens or scrap Med school dreams. How about pharmacy or DO?
I also would have difficulty getting references. I could get one from my boss but who else? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Was that MCAT practice test taken BEFORE or AFTER you studied for 4 months???? If you haven't put forth a dedicated amount of time to study for the MCAT you're really cheating yourself out of a good score! I made an 18 on my first practice (diagnostic) test...I made a 28 on the real thing...and actually I probably made more like a 30+ on my original August test but I had to retake my MCAT (with only 3 weeks notice while working full-time) because they lost my first one (the second test was much harder). Go study, take some more practice tests...then worry! Good Luck!
smile.gif