Med School Pre-reqs Taken at CC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teedubND

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've seen a couple of threads about getting Med School pre-reqs at Community Colleges, but those have been about people switching to a 4-year after 2 years of CC.

In my case, I've recently graduated from a 4-yr University with a degree in Finance, and am already working. However, I'm thinking about going back to school and eventually going to Medical School. There's a Gen Chem I class at a CC close by that I can take, but I'm afraid that it won't be accepted once I start applying for Med School. I would also most likely take a couple more pre-reqs at this particular CC to decide whether or not I really want to change my career. If I do, then I would quit my job and take the remaining reqs full time at a 4-yr college.

So taking that all into consideration, would most Med Schools take those initial reqs from the CC?

Members don't see this ad.

Medical schools differ in terms of their acceptance of CC pre-reqs. I think it really depends on the med school.

Have you thought about doing a post-bacc program?

Here is some good information about them: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=114425

You sound like a perfect candidate for a "basic sciences" post bacc