Med school Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aefdompa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What classes are most helpful in preparing for the M.C.A.T? I've been out of school for three years and plan to do a post bacc./M.P.A in Health Care Administration. What type of classes should I take? I plan to apply next summer and I am very interested in NYCOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Your basic pre-med requirements(1 yr general biology, 1 yr general chem, 1 yr O chem & 1 yr physics) are a definite must since that's what the MCAT will test you on.

If you have time, some higher science courses(although the MCAT makers will say its not necessary to take them to succeed on the test) will help out nicely. Biochem, embryology, genetics, etc.. are helpful but not absolutely needed.

As long as you do the basic pre-med courses and succeed in them, you should be on your way to doing your best on the MCAT. Good luck to you!!
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP Class of 2002

Just get one of those MCAT prep books and go over it well. Also, time your self and put yourself in the test-taking environment. There is no use trying to sift through all your texts. The information is too detailed. Don't forget that the MCAT is on a little bit of everything so there really isn't one thing to study. When you are doing the MCAT prep. books, you will see where your deficiencies are. Spend a fair amount of time getting those kinks out. Good luck.