Med School Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viv

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, can you guys drop a few lines on what you're doing to prepare for med school or to relax prior to med school? I'm planning to take an anatomy course and a business course next semester.

Members don't see this ad.

As an M1, the best advice I can give you is to just relax and enjoy what is left of normal life. Everything you need to know for the boards will be taught in med. school. If you have never had an anatomy course before then take an intro level one, but don't overwhelm yourself. IMHO you'd be better served learning clinically based things like taking H&P, BP, and reading X-Rays.

Just my 2 cents.

Derek and Viv,

I plan to follow Derek's advice and chill for a few months before med school starts. Derek's advice matches a buddy of mine who is a 1st year in med school. He also told entering med students to enjoy some free time before school starts because you come out of the gates sprinting. I hear that if you don't relax a lot before the race, you may regret that you hadn't relaxed when you had the chance.

EDGAR

Members don't see this ad :)
I for one plan on "chillin'" as much as possible. I don't know about you Edgar, but after grad school is over in May I fully intend to kick back for a month or two and just show up at "the race" the day it starts. Then I guess I'll just grit my teeth, bear it, and try to learn something AND have fun at the same time. ;-)

We'll see... I'm just happy that I'll have the honor of suffering through medical school. :)

Gregory Gulick
http://www.osteopathic.net/gregory

Agreed. I plan on chilling. :D

I took anatomy and it might have helped me the first 2 days of school. It's really not worth it. Go out, have fun, travel. Even if you have to take a loan to do so, do it. You're gonna have to store lots of memories to use in first year.

AggieJohn said:
Agreed. I plan on chilling. :D

Holy cow!! You bumped a thread from 1998! Wow, I think this is the oldest thread I have ever seen bumped!

I am doing nothing in preparation.

Even more interesting is the fact that Dr. Gulick goes on about how he is going to chill before med school, and at the bottom it says he is already a resident at suncoast hospital!

Time Warp.....

B-

hoberto said:
Holy cow!! You bumped a thread from 1998! Wow, I think this is the oldest thread I have ever seen bumped!

I am doing nothing in preparation.

BMW19 said:
Even more interesting is the fact that Dr. Gulick goes on about how he is going to chill before med school, and at the bottom it says he is already a resident at suncoast hospital!

Time Warp.....

B-

hahaha... :laugh: at least we know he survived! :D