Med school requirment web sites.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to a legit site that has the medical school requirments laid out for me. I did a search but I didnt trust any of the websites. They also were very general such as, 2 years of chem , 1.5 years of bio, but I want to know what are the classes I need in those 2 years like genetics etc..

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone direct me to a legit site that has the medical school requirments laid out for me. I did a search but I didnt trust any of the websites. They also were very general such as, 2 years of chem , 1.5 years of bio, but I want to know what are the classes I need in those 2 years like genetics etc..

What you found is correct. If you want specific med schools' reqs, go to their individual websites. Also, buy a copy of the MSAR.

Every school will require:

1 year of general chemistry (with labs)
1 year of organic chemistry (with labs)
1 year of general biology (with labs)
1 year of physics (with labs)

Generally, you will also be required to have a year (or a year and a half) of English or writing intense courses.

Some classes that are probably good to take are biochemistry, psychology, and some sort of math class (statistics is usually ok, some schools require calculus).

To get more specific requirements, you will have to visit individual school websites, or buy the MSAR.